Ah, breastmilk. It’s often called “liquid gold” for good reason. Packed with nutrients, antibodies, and all kinds of goodies that help your babe grow strong and healthy, it’s the OG superfood. But truth be told, not everyone has the time to pump or breastfeed on demand, especially if you’re juggling work, life, and maybe even other kids. Enter freeze dried breastmilk powder - made from your OWN BREAST MILK. Yeah, you heard that right. It’s a game-changer and here’s why:
Why Go for Breastmilk Powder?
We’re all about making life easier, right? Freeze drying your breastmilk into powder means you can take this goodness on-the-go. No more fretting about keeping the milk cold or thawing your frozen stash. Plus, it’s much lighter to carry around, weighing in at about 10% less than frozen breast milk.
Longer Shelf Life
Freeze-drying the breastmilk extends its shelf life without sacrificing its nutritional integrity. So, you can pump without stressing about wastage.
You can add it to toddler meals, smoothies, or even your morning coffee (if you’re into that sort of thing). Its powder form makes it a cinch to incorporate into a variety of foods. In fact, here’s a toddler-friendly recipe: Creamy Banana & Breastmilk Powder Smoothie:
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup full fat, grass-fed organic yogurt
- 1 tbsp freeze dried breastmilk powder
- a dash of cinnamon
- a couple ice cubes
1. Toss the banana, yogurt, and breastmilk powder into a blender.
2. Blend until smooth. Add ice if you prefer a chillier treat.
3. Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon for an extra kick (cinnamon is anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, boasts anti-microbial properties and improves heart health, supports digestive health and gut healing amongst a
4. Serve in a glass cup or a toddler-friendly glass.
Voilà! A tasty and nutritious treat in under 5 minutes. And, in case you wondering or need a little inspo to continue feeding your toddler breastmilk in a world that inaccurately proclaims breastmilk is just for babies, some benefits of breastmilk for toddlers include:
- 29% of energy requirements
- 43% of protein requirements
- 36% of calcium requirements
- 75% of vitamin A requirements
- 76% of folate requirements
- 94% of vitamin B12 requirements
- 60% of vitamin C requirements
Our freeze dried breastmilk powder is an innovative way to keep providing your child with the benefits of breastmilk, especially as they grow. It could be the stress-saver you’ve been searching for. Cheers to less hassle and more cuddle time!